Children of any age will be able to experience fully the wonders of worship, through our ministry, “Seeds of Faith: Worship.” This ministry is designed to engage children as they worship with us by providing age-appropriate activities.
- Children are going to wiggle, they are going to laugh, cry, and talk. Let them move to be able to see what is happening in worship. Their presence reminds us of the joy and love of God – we don’t mind them being themselves!
- There is a restroom in both rooms off of the Sanctuary entrance. There’s a water fountain there too! Do escort young children to this area as needed.
- “Worship Bags” are supplied with activities related to Bible stories as well as worship themes. You will find these hanging at each entrance inside the sanctuary. These include activity sheets that engage your child in a different scripture focus each week in creative ways.
- A “Seeds of Faith” area is set up outside the entrance to the sanctuary closest to the children’s wing (piano side exit door from within the sanctuary.) There is rolling rack there with children’s Bibles, storybook Bibles, and books. Pick up a book or two for your child to read during worship and return it to the area after worship. Look for the yellow wooden boxes with books in them at the Welcome Center and Sanctuary entrances to find more books to read during worship and then return to the box.
- Children’s time in worship for the children to come forward and hear the scripture interpreted in age-appropriate ways. The children will be invited forward in the service to come sit on the Chancel steps with a leader.
- Help children who are beginning/early readers learn to follow a hymn text by holding the hymnal for them and pointing to the words as you sing. Help them learn to follow the bulletin by asking them to put a check mark next to the liturgies as we move through the service. Help them learn to watch for the ushers, acolytes, and other leaders move in the service.
Infants and Toddlers: There is a small room off of the Sanctuary entrance with a changing table, restroom, and space for toddlers to play as you listen to the service. There is a rocker there for times when you need to soothe or feed a wee one. Ask an usher to help you find the space.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information on how to engage your child in worship!